Companies face increasing threats arising intentionally or accidentally during the normal course of an employee’s work day.
Over 80% of businesses monitor employee activity. The reasons include:
- Optimizing workplace productivity
- Protecting from inappropriate material
- Ensuring data security
- Preventing unauthorized communications
As a dynamic company managing a growing business, the client decided to offer their 150+ employee base the opportunity to adopt flexible work schedules including working from home. Supporting a home-based workforce raised two challenges for the client: managing employee productivity in a largely unsupervised setting, and ensuring that the staff observes policies and best practices to avoid risky online behavior that might put the corporate network and the personal information held within it at risk.
The LanScope Cat Solution
LanScope Cat enables companies to manage employee productivity through policy enforcement and endpoint protection in an all-in-one solution. With LanScope Cat, this background check provider:
- Protects Windows and Mac laptops for a home-based (remote) workforce.
- Monitors and logs when remote employees access business systems, to ensure that working hours are being observed and that staff are being productive when unsupervised.
- Manages internet access to ensure that employees are both visiting legitimate, work related sites during their working hours and that they aren’t exhibiting risky behavior that might expose their corporate network and the personal information stored within to fraud and theft.
- Detects and protects remote laptops from malware using LanScope Cat’s security module.